[thesite] Consistency Across the Sites ... Things To Do

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Sun Jun 3 01:34:25 CDT 2001

Hi folks,

JoeTheTester has been busy ..

Below are a number of changes/recommendations for improving the look/feel
across all of the evolt sites.  Some are simple, some may require a bit more
thought/consensus.  Overall objective/goal is to make it easier for someone
new to Evolt.org to understand what's going on and present a uniform and
consistent navigation across all of Evolt.org's web sites.

Across the sites suggestion..

- title modification - change the (?) to be FAQ, not About.

w.e.o.
- top navigation:
    -    Join (only display if not already logged in - current)
    -    delete submit and contact

b.e.o.
    -    Delete Join all together
    -    delete FAQ, submit and contact
    -    add Directory
    -    top and bottom BLACK consistent with w.e.o.

l.e.o.
    -    Delete Join all together
    -    delete FAQ, submit and contact
    -    add Directory
    -    Modify text, add links to thechat and thesite (in progress, I
think - I'll check with Marlene)
    -    top and bottom BLACK consistent with w.e.o.

tips
    -    It really belongs at the top navigation, IMO.  Let's leave it in
existence for now, if we run out of room, we can decide what to do at that
time
    -    additional changes as indicated above for l.e.o.

m.e.o.
    -    Delete Join all together (here it is very confusing)
    -    delete FAQ, submit and contact (Contact may be worthwhile keeping,
but linking to djc's email instead of w.e.o.'s contact page??)
    -    add Directory
    -    top and bottom BLACK consistent with w.e.o.

d.e.o.
    -    Delete Join all together
    -    delete FAQ, submit and contact (Contact may be worthwhile keeping,
but linking to Simon's email instead of w.e.o.'s contact page??)
    -    top and bottom BLACK consistent with w.e.o.
    -    text for About and Guidelines needs to be modified (I had done this
a couple of weeks ago.)
    -    David McC., Elfur, Adrian, to verify if CSS implementation meets
requirements as discussed in the past.  (I think its ok ... please confirm.)

t.e.o.
    -    Whatever gets modified on w.e.o. should also be done on t.e.o.

Now, with the above modifications, the top right navigation will be as
follows:

 Join | Browsers | Lists | Tips | Members | Directory  <join only on weo and
only if not already logged in>

This should give us room for f.e.o. and n.e.o.  *hopefully*

I'll gladly help implement the above .. providing someone wants to *hold my
hand* through it all, as I haven't access <yet>, much less a clue as to how
the entire Evolt.org is put together.  I'd like to know, I'd like to learn,
I'd like to be able to help ....

Anyway, that's it for me .. let's discuss.

Michele (with assistance from JoeTheTester)

(2:30 a.m. - not even remotely tired .. damnit!!)