[thesite] FYI, change to m.e.o

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Tue Jun 5 13:37:53 CDT 2001

As discussed on thesite last week, i've updated the mechanism for
applying for a new account on m.e.o - now it queries the evolt DB to
check that the applicant is an evolt user before it gets to me, rather
than me manually checking if people were in the DB first.. it also lets
me know how long they've been an evolt member.

http://members.evolt.org/signup.cfm (if you try it out, just puta 'test'
or something in the textarea comments)

next step is having it check to see whether the evolt.org cookie is set
and if so, just put their username in there automagically like.. this
will also tie into the new login.evolt.org service i mentioned last week
that is still in the works..

god i love having the DB back on the same network as everything else :)

.djc.