[thesite] Consistency Across the Sites ... Things To Do

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Tue Jun 5 13:45:26 CDT 2001

Dan,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel J. Cody" <djc at starkmedia.com>

| Michele Foster wrote:
|
| > In leo template, try adding a bgcolor,
|
| done, fixed the prob, yay!

Yup, looks good here too ..

| > in leo, can you also delete this extra image please,
|
| done

hmm.. ok, that made it better .. there's still a small glitch on leo in NS
.. I can't find it tho ..

Can deo call the same template even though its in php?  If not, I'll prepare
a summary for Simon to make corrections.  feo should be ok to use the
template I think?

| > Let me know if this works.  There are actually several minor
inconsistencies
| > between the two files. :( .. Mainly with respect to td widths.  When
someone
| > more intimate with the HTML has some time, they can compare the files to
| > make them the same.
|
| k.. david was gone for the weekend camping so we may have to wait till
| he gets back to get to that unless someone else pipes up - sorry i'm
| such an idiot about HTML and stuff or else i'd help out :)

That's great, I'm sure David will find many additional changes when he has a
chance.

It should, however, be a reminder to *everyone* that if they make changes on
teo or weo, specifically to the navigation, top and bottom, those changes
should be carried over to the templates.  Oh well, we'll get our ducks in a
row as time goes on  :)

| also, you may notice that all the m.e.o pages are updated.
| to update now..

That's great ... meo

What changes are you making to that page of leo?  On the main leo page, can
ya add links to thechat and thesite too?

| also, i changed the place they're grabbing images from now too.. before,
| b.e.o was pulling all the images from w.e.o while l.e.o and m.e.o were
| pulling from seperate directories in their own branches.. now i have all
| of them pulling images off http://leo.evolt.org/images for consistancy
| and to lessen the amount of referer's that w.e.o gets from b.e.o(5 per
| page view cus images)

That's great .. you may want to update the link on meo to the evolt images
to the FAQ article, then there's no need to maintain those two sets of
images on both boxes.

| oh yippie, we're finally getting all standardized :)
|
| thanks again.. anything else I should be looking into from your(or
| anyone elses) POV?

Oh, I'm sure I'll think of something .... <G>