[thesite] major downtime tomorrow..

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Tue Jun 5 20:44:39 CDT 2001

just mentioned this to mich on ICQ, but tomorrow night everythign except
weo is gonna be down for at least an hour.

one of the power supplies(thank god i had dual power supplies) on that
server blew tonite and took out 2 of the 4 disks in the raid 5 array
with it(thank god for raid5 too) and all but 256Mb of the RAM in that
box.. everything is still up and running however cus of the backup power
and disks on that box.

so i went xmas shopping(my term for buying geek toys :) tonite and
pretty much picked up enough parts for a new server. i pulled 250 from
my paypal donation account for it(we still have 250 in that btw).

at any rate, i'm putting the new box together now and will move the
unharmed disks to it tomorrow night, but it could take up to an hour to
get everything kosher..

i'll send something out to all the lists tomorrow letting them know
about the downtime.. hopefully with two brand new boxes in place this
wont happen anytime in the foreseeable future :)

thanks, lemme know if anyone has questions or anything

.djc.