[thesite] sql question..

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Mon Jun 11 15:11:44 CDT 2001

>FROM employee_position_list INNER JOIN
>     employees INNER JOIN
>     calendar ON
>     employees.emp_id = calendar.cal_emp_key ON
>     employee_position_list.emp_pos_id = employees.emp_position_key;
>
>oracle is puking and just wonderingif my syntax is correct..

could be the way you are nesting the joins

   FROM p JOIN e JOIN c ON e.i=c.e ON p.i=e.p

versus

   FROM p JOIN e ON p.i=e.p JOIN c ON e.i=c.e

i could look it up but those oracle syntax diagrams make my eyes bleed

i think parentheses may be employed... or at least inferred...

not sure whether JOIN syntax is better than FROM tablelist for
optimization, although i have heard it goes from left to right all things
being equal...

helps?

rudy

p.s.  dean, how does AND/OR work?!   ;o)