[thesite] jeff, rudy..

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Wed Jun 13 15:02:11 CDT 2001

>http://test.evolt.org/user/index.html?action=edit
>http://test.evolt.org/style/index.html
>
>now, my question is this.. what if anything do these have to do with
>eachother? frankley, the /style/index.html page would be a bitch for
>anyone to use.

yeah, i have to agree that that page would be hard to use

but as you may notice, the elements are named the same

to be honest, i have not yet examined anyone's custom style sheet, but
don't the selectors match up?  are they using weird class names or
something?

i think we talked about using slidey controls for the colours, but that's
for designing a new scheme, and i have no idea (sorry) how the current
scheme-generating pages work...

> the idea is, i want to have a dropdown list(like is on the user page)
> of all available schemes/styles in the DB.

goes without saying that picking from the ones available should be possible

>the next question is, how do we get whats outputed in
>http://test.evolt.org/user/index.html?action=edit to actually change the
>style for the page?

some heavy duty coding, i would imaagine

jeff mentioned that all the schemes would be generated into .css files, so
it would have to be something like this (off the top of my head ) --

 <CFOUTPUT>
    body
    {background : ##variables.bodybg#
      font-family : #variables.bodyfontfam#
  et cetera

note that the query to pull out the individual scheme elements will result
in many rows that all share the same structure -- the value will be
schemelement.elementvalue and it will have to match with
element.elementname (which is where those A.HOVER.BGCOLOR things are
stored) -- so this means that the entire result set would have to be, um,
deconstructed into the appropriate variables, hence my use of
#variables.bodybg# and #variables.bodyfontfam# above

helps?

rudy