[thesite] jeff, rudy..

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 13 15:15:16 CDT 2001

> From: "Daniel J. Cody" <djc at starkmedia.com>
[...]
> if you'll notice, our stylesheets are like so:
>
> body
>  {background : #4F5C38 ;
>   font-family : Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif ;
>   font-size : 11px ;
>   line-height : 130% ;
>
> b, strong	{font-weight : bold ; }
>
> cite
>  {font-style : normal ; }
> and so on..
>
> now, how do we get the values from the DB to match up as a stylesheet?
> many of the attributes are named differently like
>
> body.background in the stylesheet but its body.bgcolor in oracle.

i attempted to get around this issue by inserting suggested variable
names for you into the original CSS document...

go to view-source:http://evolt.org/evolt/isaac.css...

body		{	background : #4F5C38 ;					/*
BodyBackgroundColor , BodyBackgroundImage */
			font-family : Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif ;	/*
BodyTextFace */
			font-size : 11px ; 					/* BodyTextSize
(include units) */
			line-height : 130% ;					/*
BodyTextLeading (as %) */

[...]

strong.title	{	font-weight : bold ;					/* -- */
			font-family : Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif ;	/* as
BodyTextFace */
			font-size : 15px ; }					/* as H3TextSize
(include units) */

pardon the horrible wrap above, but can you see what i was trying
to do?  ones that say 'as Foo' should use the value of the variable
defined elsewhere...  some are math (like 'as 1/5 H3TextSize
(include units)', which means do the math and gather units, too)...
some don't get changed (the ones that say '--')...

the only caveat is that .jeff didn't like leaving a lot of that stuff
interdependent (so that if the colors changed, the relationship
wouldn't, like the sidebar color matching the notch)... i felt we
should leave them interdependent, but, well, i'm not building the
thing, so...

does that help at all?