[thesite] TheWife: Websites, Clients, Projects ?

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Thu Jun 21 15:14:03 CDT 2001

Michele Foster wrote:

> Dan,
>
> This section .. why is seth's contact info showing up at the bottom of each
> of the web site pages?

cus he's listed as a contact for the 'client' evolt.org

theres a lot of stuff that we're not going to use right now, but i built
alot of that stuff with the future in mind.. :)

> Is this section set to Priv level?  Too much info.. IMHO.
>
> Why do we have both client and website?  And, isn't there a lot of stuff
> that we do/needs to be done, that isn't for a website, that is for evolt.org
> itself?

well because one client can have multiple websites... again, i'm
thinking way ahead here

> e.g. if I want to see all the jobs that are "writing text" in nature .. how
> would I do that?

you want to see all jobs that are a task(lets say) called 'proofing'?
go to jobs then click on the 'tasks' column link.. that will sort by
specific tasks(i can add more) or you can choose the search thing from
'jobs'

> I'm not being clear .. I guess what's throwing me off is that everything is
> showing up on the calendar as evolt.org.  But, I think it would be better if
> things show up as what they are .. e.g. admin meeting June 30th, minutes
> from meeting due July 7th, faq article on whatever due 12th July, vote for
> whatever_issue due 6th July.  ??
>
> Maybe this will help, larger Project/Categorization: BOD stuff, Admin stuff,
> FAQ stuff, leo stuff (including <tips> ?

ya, thats where i'm going.. i'm going to create a BOD 'client' a tagwear
'client' and so on.. i'll explain more tomorrow ;)

 .djc.