[thesite] rejected postings to thelist

Warden, Matt mwarden at odyssey-design.com
Mon Jun 25 09:09:55 CDT 2001

> From: "Erik Mattheis" <gozz at gozz.com>
> Subject: [thesite] rejected postings to thelist
>

> Something is afoul somewhere ... starting a few weeks, maybe months
> ago, some of my postings to thelist started being rejected ... I
> noticed when it started happening there were several other postings
> which had been held for approval.
>
> I've changed nothing about my email client (that I'm aware of) and am
> just hitting reply and typing.
>
> Eudora 4.3.1 Mac.
>
> What gives?

It happens every once in a while. It's usually becuase of a weird
Content-type header. It's all in the spirit of trying to keep out HTML- and
RTF-formatted emails to thelist. You can just resend them if you'd like, but
if I don't notice them resent, I (or another admin) will just clean them up
and forward them. No big deal, just a little delay.

A small tradeoff when you consider what HTML-formatted email would do to the
digest.

Not to respark the HTML email debate again or anything... *shiver*

Thanks,

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com