[thesite] question about article update

.jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Mon Jun 25 23:47:41 CDT 2001

isaac,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: Isaac Forman
:
: currently, updates to an already approved
: article need to be approved before
: they overwrite the original version.
:
: can i ask how this occurs?
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sure, changes are made and saved back to the same row in the database.
there is no versioning as of yet in the system.

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: is this how the evolt system works? what happens
: if someone tries to edit/update an approved
: article if a yet-to-be-approved version of it
: already exists?
:
: my implementation is almost done, but i'm
: continually confusing myself somehow. :p

yes, versioning and publishing workflow development sucks.  we've been able
to avoid it so far here at work, but eventually we'll have a client that
wants it.  then we get to dig in and get our hands dirty.  i'm sure if i sat
down and thought about it i could come up with a solution for you.

sorry i can't be more help,

.jeff