[thesite] question about article update

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Tue Jun 26 00:25:32 CDT 2001

> :~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> : next step are itemsets (enabling multi-part articles,
> : etc).
> :~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> depending on how you implement it in the database it could be easy or it
> could be really difficult.

ITEMSET
id
title (article title)
list (comma-delimited list of the article titles in order)

also considering having a display field that says whether the article
sections are listed in a dropdown, or a sidebar, etc.

the other feature we've successfully implemented now is content locking when
being edited. when you edit, the item is locked with your username, etc.
other users trying to edit get a message that the document is locked (lock
will expire in 30 minutes). users with a certain level of authority can
unlock items at their discretion. seems to be working correctly, but i'm
still paranoid i've fucked something up somewhere. :p

all that stuff you helped me with (dynamic forms - dunno how else to
describe it) is working very effectively. makes everything so easy to
administrate. :)