[thesite] question about article update

.jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Tue Jun 26 01:13:42 CDT 2001

isaac,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: isaac
:
: list (comma-delimited list of the article
: titles in order)
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

god, pet peeve number one when it comes to database design -- storing a list
of ids in a field.  no offense -- yuck.

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: also considering having a display field that
: says whether the article sections are listed
: in a dropdown, or a sidebar, etc.
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

interesting

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: the other feature we've successfully implemented
: now is content locking when being edited. when
: you edit, the item is locked with your username,
: etc. other users trying to edit get a message that
: the document is locked (lock will expire in 30
: minutes). users with a certain level of authority can
: unlock items at their discretion. seems to be working
: correctly, but i'm still paranoid i've fucked
: something up somewhere. :p
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i can understand that.  this is a pretty cool feature.  was probably kinda
fun building and testing too.  i think i would have made this a lower
priority than versioning though, but that's just me.

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: all that stuff you helped me with (dynamic forms -
: dunno how else to describe it) is working very
: effectively. makes everything so easy to
: administrate. :)

glad to hear it.

.jeff

http://evolt.org/