[thesite] comments on test.evolt.org

Warden, Matt mwarden at odyssey-design.com
Tue Jun 26 14:34:32 CDT 2001

> no way. we've *never* had features that are platform specific.. either
> we get it to work across everything, or we dont use it IMO. once we
> start going down the road of 'just one feature for IE' only, it will
> only turn into one more feature. then another and another untill the
> site in IE is different than anything else.

+1

We roll out this site that's standards-compliant and looks damn good in just
about every client known to man. Then we roll out features that are for a
specific platform+client??? Sorry, I don't like it. I dont' like the fact
that it's for a specific portion of our audience only and I don't even see
the benefit of it. What's the benefit? Screen space? Why isn't all of our
content collapsable then? Now, if users could opt for a cookie that turned
off comments site-wide (in the article page), I'd be down for that.

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com