IE5 features vs. non ( was : RE: [thesite] comments on test.evolt.org)

Warden, Matt mwarden at odyssey-design.com
Tue Jun 26 16:55:21 CDT 2001

> From: "mccreath" <mccreath at ak.net>
> Subject: IE5 features vs. non ( was : RE: [thesite] comments on
test.evolt.org)

> I think Matt was onto something that actually could become a feature of
the
> site, rather than a doo-hickey, and it could conceivably help people like
> aardvark who uses a new browser on an old machine with a slow connection.
>
> If we let people set a preference for the default state of the comments
> (collapsed versus non-collapsed),

Really, I only see the all-expanded or all-collapsed states as useful.

> It would require some extra programming,
> for sure

Dude, it's setting the cookie, and then there's an extra <cfif> around the
comments display. You're forgetting that Jeff 'n Dan are fucking
modular-code-writing gods.

Even I could implement this shiz... and that's saying a lot.

That said, I'd be happy to write it if this is what we're settling on. Just
seems silly to me to download bytes we're gonna hide from the user anyways.

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com