[thesite] comments on test.evolt.org

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Wed Jun 27 02:14:19 CDT 2001

> >css is an enhancement for browsers that support it. our site is
> still usable
> >with or without it. i see things with expand/collapse similarly.
>
> I agree, but where is it in the prioritised ttdl?

demonstration live on test.evolt.org, and has been commented on.

however, a mass of issues bundled together appear to have confused the
issue. i've asked these to be clarified separately so that we can determine
further action.

jeff's point (often made) is that as a volunteer worker, his contribution to
evolt is inconsistent (some spare time here, lots there, etc) and dictated
by his personal feelings on particular features (and fair enough, imo). if
top of the ttdl is featureX, but featureY is what grabs his interest (and
it's something that he is able to implement in the 5 minutes before a
midnight snack), i wouldn't want to discourage that contribution.

another issue that has arisen in the past is that of correct test.evolt.org
procedure, and i believe that in this case, that has been fairly followed. a
feature was proposed and demonstrated on the test server. discussion is
occuring. the issues from that will hopefully be resolved before we make any
decision to throw it onto WEO or not.

how are the processes going? what are the processes? what will they affect?