[thesite] comments on test.evolt.org

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Wed Jun 27 13:12:52 CDT 2001

isaac wrote on 27/6/01 9:12 am

>> >css is an enhancement for browsers that support it. our site is
>> still usable
>> >with or without it. i see things with expand/collapse similarly.
>>
>> I agree, but where is it in the prioritised ttdl?
>

>demonstration live on test.evolt.org, and has been commented on.
>
>however, a mass of issues bundled together appear to have confused the
>issue. i've asked these to be clarified separately so that we can determine
>further action.
>

>jeff's point (often made) is that as a volunteer worker, his contribution to
>evolt is inconsistent (some spare time here, lots there, etc) and dictated
>by his personal feelings on particular features (and fair enough, imo). if
>top of the ttdl is featureX, but featureY is what grabs his interest (and
>it's something that he is able to implement in the 5 minutes before a
>midnight snack), i wouldn't want to discourage that contribution.

Absolutely not.

>another issue that has arisen in the past is that of correct test.evolt.org
>procedure, and i believe that in this case, that has been fairly followed. a
>feature was proposed and demonstrated on the test server. discussion is
>occuring. the issues from that will hopefully be resolved before we make any
>decision to throw it onto WEO or not.

And that sounds fair. Part of that discussion is 'how do we prioritise
taking demos forward to production services?' And we need to get to
a place where stuff that grabs the interest can be moved forward,
while making sure that the stuff at the top of the ttdl still gets done.

And another part of the discussion is 'is this A Good Thing' to have?
(without saying that this particular example isn't)

>how are the processes going? what are the processes? what will they affect?

Slowly. We're working through 'what processes do we have so far'.

Can I give fair warning on this - developing proposals for processes
isn't going to happen overnight. It's something we as an organisation
haven't
really done before, so we're having to get used to that too.

Cheers
Martin

email: martin at easyweb.co.uk             PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
       martin at members.evolt.org      snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
  tel: +44 (0)774 063 9985                      Edinburgh,
  url: http://www.easyweb.co.uk                 Scotland