[thesite] comments on test.evolt.org

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Wed Jun 27 14:36:37 CDT 2001

So when susyuser hits an article with more than 15(or whatever)
comments, she has to 'unclick' each and every comment. If our
discussions were threaded, I could understand making a user 'unclick' a
particular thread like on usenet.

If you start unclicking at the top of the comments, each comment expands
further and further down the page. So now you have to scroll the page
down every 3 or 4 comments depending on length *and* unlick each thread.
Isn't it just easier to scroll in the first place?

only 1% of approved articles on evolt have more than 15 comments. 3%
have more than 10. 22% have more than 3 comments.

Why make the vast majority of people bend over backwards for something
they're not expecting(when they do get a 15 comment article), and
something that makes it harder for them to view the page?

Seeming very adament about this,

.djc.