[thesite] comments on test.evolt.org

.jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Wed Jun 27 15:54:10 CDT 2001

aardvark,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: aardvark
:
: > that sounds like a bug in the browser
: > itself.
:
: you *do* know how that sounds, right?
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

yeah, i know how it sounds.

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: whenever i hear that without a trailing,
: 'but we'll look into it,' or a 'it's the
: best we can do, does it meet our needs?'
: i tend to get very wary...
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

well, it's standards compliant code.  it's not rendered correctly by a
particular browser.  whose fault is that?  should we conditionalize our code
(probably causing it to not be standards compliant) for a browser that
hasn't even reached a public release yet?

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: now, are you saying that you intend to leave
: it or address it?
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

well, that's the question.

some think i'm not fit to make decisions, so i'm not going to on this one.

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: i don't care what the answer is either way, i
: just wanna know what's gonna happen...

my opinion is leave it.  it's a pre-release browser that is failing on
standards compliant code.  when/if it reaches a public release, *then* we
re-evaluate.

.jeff

http://evolt.org/
jeff at members.evolt.org