[thesite] comments on test.evolt.org

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Wed Jun 27 22:37:37 CDT 2001

.jeff wrote:

> elfur,
>
> :~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> : From: Elfur Logadottir
> :
> : ok, hold on here jeff, that's not how we're
> : supposed to be addressing things ...
> :~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> oh really?

then what, jeff, is your opinion on how we should be addressing things?

> provided it's a critical element in our foundational
> accessibility/usability.  however, if it's not a mission critical, then no,
> it should not be hacked.

so by that reasoning, this newest feature is a 'critcal element' of our
foundation?

> not implemented yet.  anybody that uses a beta browser and expects sites to
> cater to them (and consequently penalize working public release browsers) is
> asking too much.  when you use a beta you use it knowing that it probably
> has problems.

just curious, but what *exactly* is wrong with mozilla 0.9.1 ? what
parts of your standards compliant script is it choking on? tell me and
i'll forward these problems right to 2 guys i know at mozilla that will
let you know jeff is this is something to worry about or to forget. i'm
interested

> are there?  or is that those disagreeing are just more vocal and those
> agreeing are choosing to stay out of the way for fear of getting chewed up
> and spit out?

i've got you, isac and elfur all with vocal opions for what you're doing
and i've *hardly* 'chewed'and/or'spit' out. if anyone else wants to
speak up, i very much encourge it and i've *never* done anything to
suggest otherwise.

> : so we'll just have to take that one back to it's
> : hut and either figure out a way to improve the
> : feature or nix it all together.
>
> whatever

alright!!!(aard is going to cringe at the triple !'s)

break on through man

.djc.