[thesite] comments on test.evolt.org

Bruce Heerssen bheerssen at visualbridge.tv
Wed Jun 27 23:51:52 CDT 2001

.jeff wrote:

>djc wrote:

<snip>

>:
>: just curious, but what *exactly* is wrong with mozilla
>: 0.9.1 ?
>:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>it should be reflowing the document to accommodate the comments when their
>display property is set from "none" (takes no space within the document
>flow) to "block" (occupies the full space necessary for the dimensions of
>the object including borders, padding, and margins.
>
>:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>: is this is something to worry about or to forget. i'm
>: interested
>
>it's certainly something to worry about.  altering an object's display is
>one of the fundamentals of dhtml.
>
>.jeff

After a hard reboot, the problem still exists. There doesn't seem to be
a bug listed at bugzilla that describes this. I'm still not certain
where the problem is, whether it's my installation here or something
else. I'm on win2k here at work. I'll check on linux and win98 when I
get get home. We'll get to the bottom of this yet.

-Bruce