[thesite] comments on test.evolt.org

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Thu Jun 28 03:17:13 CDT 2001

> Moz 0.91 is the same Gecko which is also inside Netscape 6
> beta 1.  Between them, they now carry a *lot* of users -
> for example, I don't know any Linux users who don't use it.

So, do we test based on number/%age of users?
If so, where's the cut-off?

Regardless of our vote about inclusion of the expand/collapse feature, if we
were to include it, wouldn't we then just make it IE5 only (or whatever
browsers will support it) until it did work in mozilla?

It appears that the basic expand/collapse feature suggested has been voted
out, but there've been no comments to date on whether we need to address
which comments have been added since a users last visit.

Dan has quoted stats that the vast majority of articles have few comments.
If those are actually drawn from the database, can I see stats for articles
written in the last 3 months?

Also, do we predict that the number of comments per article will grow with
time, or decline? (This should take into account changes in article style,
and active attempts by the community to encourage participation.)

Currently, the number of comments isn't a tremendous issue, but will it
become one? For example, do we need threading? Spanning comments over pages
if the list grows?

Anyway, I'm off for the night. Seeya.

(that's enough uppercase for now. bleargh!)