[thesite] comment stats

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Thu Jun 28 11:22:40 CDT 2001

straight from oracle,

between 7/1/00 and 9/30/00 we had 33 approved articles, 1 of which had
10 or more comments, 3%

between 10/01/00 and 12/31/00 we had 59 approved articles, 8 of which
had 10 or more comments, 13%

between 1/1/01 and 3/30/01 we had 49 approved articles, 10 of which had
10 or more comments, 20%

between 4/1/01 and 7/1/01 we had 32 approved articles, 4 of which had 10
or more comments, 12.5%

we've never encouraged extended participation with comments.. matt
haughey hit the nail on the head when describing evolt one time, "some
comments on each piece, but discussion is rarely the focus"

extended discussion should take place on thelist

lemme know if you want any more stats