[thesite] comment stats

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Thu Jun 28 20:19:29 CDT 2001

3% --> 13% --> 20% --> 12.5%

general trend of more comments per article. next 3 months might give more
insight however.

> we've never encouraged extended participation with comments..

is that because:

> extended discussion should take place on thelist

?

if that is the preferred method, why do we provide the comment form and not
refer people to thelist?

if the site serves non-list subscribers, should we tell list members to
raise their points there, and non-list members to use the site comment form?

or should we just let things go as they have been?

assuming that the trend of more comments per article increases, what are
some methods we could/would implement to deal with that?

threaded discussions? comments spanned over multiple pages? better indicator
of comments added since last article visit? etc

> lemme know if you want any more stats

what about average comments per article over those same periods of time?
(only if you have time - i'm just curious)