[thesite] Tip Harvester question (was: [***] Formatting tips )

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Fri Mar 30 15:12:32 CST 2001

>> why not just scan for "<tip"?
>
>'cause this would snag all tips from quoted replies where the cheap
bastards
>did not trim their emails properly, or where they want to include the tip
as
>part of their reply.. Right?

right, but my question is, so what?  no offence

i don't think it happens often enough to worry about, and if you use
something restrictive like "\n<tip" you might miss a few

i'd rather have duplicates than missing ones

dupes are easy to find, they lend themselves to strategies like

   GROUP BY HAVING COUNT(*)>1

rudy