[thesite] Members' Directory/Pages

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Thu May 17 13:27:56 CDT 2001

> I don't think we really want a resume builder application per se.
> Not like what you see on typical resume sites.  But, it's all still in
> the definition stages.

hi michele

actually, the concept and database design have been in
ready-to-start-coding stage since
http://members.evolt.org/rudy/codefest2.html   =o)

the following database tables for the member pages look real nice if you
have a fixed font --

SQL> describe member
Name                            Null?    Type
------------------------------- -------- ----
MEMBERID                        NOT NULL NUMBER(8)
CREATEDATE                      NOT NULL DATE
DATEMOD                         NOT NULL DATE
FIRSTNAME                       NOT NULL VARCHAR2(50)
LASTNAME                        NOT NULL VARCHAR2(50)
PRIV                            NOT NULL NUMBER(1)
ACTIVE                          NOT NULL NUMBER(1)

SQL> describe attribute
Name                            Null?    Type
------------------------------- -------- ----
ATTRID                          NOT NULL NUMBER(8)
ATTRNAME                        NOT NULL VARCHAR2(50)

SQL> describe membattr
Name                            Null?    Type
------------------------------- -------- ----
MEMBATTRID                      NOT NULL NUMBER(8)
MEMBERID                        NOT NULL NUMBER(8)
ATTRID                          NOT NULL NUMBER(8)
SEQ                             NOT NULL NUMBER(2)
PRIV                            NOT NULL NUMBER(1)
ATTRVALUE                                VARCHAR2(255)
REMARKS                                  VARCHAR2(255)

note that MEMBER will have a 1-to-many relationship to w.e.o's USER
records, i.e. each member can have one or more login ids, and each login id
will point to the member record that "owns" it

the attributes will be things like email, phone, url, icq#, etc.

MEMBATTR is the many-to-many intersection record

PRIV is, well, too much to go into right now...

> Erik has suggested that the following items be added to the DB.

the individual person's values all go into the MEMBATTR table, which points
back to the ATTRIBUTE table for the description of what kind of attribute
it is

examples on request

rudy