[thesite] Members' Directory/Pages

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Thu May 17 17:28:28 CDT 2001

Am I correct in interpreting the concept of "resume builder"
literally - a tool to compose an on-line resume?

I just jumped in on this, but it feels to me as if I'm rushing
pell-mell into aspects of technical implementation before I know what
I need to make ... questions in my mind that might deserve discussion:

- Should the "Member Skills" thing be presented as something separate
from a more general member profile? I could see it as a directory
type structure that could be drilled down though with hyperlinks ...
or there could be a member search page on which one could search for
anything about a member.

- Should there be something like a feedback rating or comments from
whoever the member has collaborated with? I could see that being
abused, but could also see it being very useful it it weren't ...
maybe give each member the option of opening their record to having
feedback ... or have something which would only allow feedback to be
posted if both members had something in weo (is weo something like
that, or is it something to track work being done on [x]eo?)

--

- Erik Mattheis

"For best results, pronounce muh THEIGH ess."

(612) 827 3963