[thesite] New Stylesheets

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Thu May 17 22:15:34 CDT 2001

> From: "Ron White" <ronwhite at members.evolt.org>
[...]
> http://members.evolt.org/ronwhite/index.htm

not bad... a little bright for me, but not bad...

one thing that got me, though, looking at your CSS file(s), is that
your classes and such are in all-caps...  no problem for
demonstrating some ideas, but i think it would be good if everyone
followed the existing CSS as a template for how to do it up:

view-source:http://www.evolt.org/evolt/isaac.css

this will just ensure we're all working from the same template and
will still have valid CSS...

you'll notice that the CSS includes all sorts of comments; mostly
they were there to help .jeff map the styles to variable names so he
could write a style changer app... those were unintentionally left in,
but now i'm glad they're there...

as such, you'll see some styles which have comments like "as
BodyTextFace"... this just means that those values should match
the values defined elsewhere... this doesn't mean you *have* to do
that (although i prefer them matched), but i was proposing it that
way for consistency in design elements...

also, some other comments, like "(as %)" or "(include units)"
should hopefully be self-explanatory...

and you saved the HTML through IE, which means it's the post-
parsed HTML as IE sees it, so expect some CSS wonkiness...

if you or anyone else has questions about the CSS, lemme know...
i'm having trouble checking mail during the day, but i will check
eventually reply...