[thesite] Automatic Scheme Generation Helper Application (ASGHA)

Joshua OIson joshua at alphashop.net
Tue May 29 08:48:47 CDT 2001

ASGHA... hmm, I like the sound of that!  :)

Please, feel free to use it however you'd like.  To be honest, right now the
thing works in a very non-functional way for how we have intended to use it.
In case not everybody noticed, I have given unique names to each element on
the page and them am passing the colors in via the URL to the style sheet!
Talk about cheap and dirty.  The database is simply storing the URL in one
field.

Most likely, this is not the way that it should be implemented on the actual
site.  If there is a structure for storing the colors, fonts, font-sizes,
background images, etc, that is wonderful.  It should be easily enough to
update what I have done to include that.  However, since most of the back
end code would have to be replaced, the only thing you'd probably want to
keep is the user interface on the front end... maybe.  I envision a better
user interface with a smaller popup window with tabs that lets you change
colors, fonts, sizes, etc in an organized manner.  Then when the user
selects update it updates the main window.  Most of what I have done is not
portable to that... sorry.

I'm just glad everybody found my tool useful.  If someone wants the code to
play with and the table definition, I can put a link to a ZIP archive on the
main page.

-joshua