[thesite] scrub them data!

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Fri Nov 2 21:50:45 CST 2001

anyone else in need of a good cleanin?

select tip_id, attrib_author from thetips where lower(attrib_author) like
'%warden%'

update thetips set author_id=65 where lower(attrib_author) like
'%warden%';

select author_id, attrib_author from thetips where
lower(attrib_author) like '%jeff%'

select author_id, attrib_author from thetips where
lower(attrib_author) like '%.jeff%';

select author_id, attrib_author from thetips where
lower(attrib_author) like '%.jeff%' or lower(attrib_author) like
'%howden%';

update thetips set author_id=15 where lower(attrib_author) like '%.jeff%'
or lower(attrib_author) like '%howden%';

select author_id, attrib_author from thetips where
lower(attrib_author) like '%djc%' or lower(attrib_author) like '%cody%';

update thetips set author_id=5 where lower(attrib_author) like '%djc%' or
lower(attrib_author) like '%cody%';

just went through making sure i could single out at least most of the tips
by an auther without including other peoples' tips. then updated the
author_id to that user's userid so that it will show up in dean's list
(The Dean's List?). Rather than continuing to try to guess how to identify
each person (as you can see, I had some trouble getting all of .jeff's
in) and trying to think of who might need this, I figured I'd ask. Anyone?

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com