[thesite] UEUE v.0.2 Update

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Mon Nov 5 20:40:59 CST 2001

> The benefit of UEUE here is that we could single out only the server with
> UEUE on it and ONLY allow that server to access the database with member
> info.
>
> Then, problem solved. And it can't be circumvented by looking at our
> source code.

How far off is UEUE though?

I don't see the problem in throwing the password onto the database
temporarily to reduce the risk somewhat. Suddenly you've gone from having
*every* single MEO user being able to do anything they like to the database
(it's still hard to believe), to it being open to those who've directly
participated on thesite and have been entrusted with access, right?

isaac

(08)83320545 | www.triplezero.com.au | isaac at triplezero.com.au