[thesite] Rating Articles .. Whatcha think ?

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Thu Nov 15 16:26:09 CST 2001

On Nov 16, Russell J. Jungwirth had something to say about Re: [thesite]...

>I like the more constructive aspect to their rating system.  It seems to
>be more in line with the interactive nature of an on-line community.
>
>I'd change the top and bottom ratings - 'Killer' and 'Lame' are just a
>little too cliche.

Plus, people who don't speak English well probably aren't going to
understand the meaning of "Killer".

>A Must Read (5) Worth Looking At (4) Not Bad (3) Needs Work (2) Don't
>Bother (1)

That changes things, tho. 3 is supposed to be average, not "needs
work" which implies below average.

We already have too many people giving average articles 4s. I don't want
to encourage that.

Thanks,

--
mattwarden