[thesite] test.evolt.org change fyi

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 16 10:05:26 CST 2001

> From: ".jeff" <jeff at members.evolt.org>
>
> aardveen err vark,

that's just wrong...

[...]
> <duck />
>
> > > we've got code blocks here
> > > http://test.evolt.org/article/pleather/17/16286/
> >
> > but they don't start until after the caption... what if
> > the code block starts immediately?
>
> then i'd say it'd be an article with a shitty thesis statement.  ;p

hmmmm... i tend to agree... it's something we can restrict in the
writers' guidelines, but i'd also like to know *how* it breaks...

> <duck />
>
> > is it safe to make a fake article on teo to test this?
>
> if you want.

http://test.evolt.org/article/dancing_monkey_boy/18/16861/

[...]
> > feh, known issue, not my comment at the end of:
> > http://test.evolt.org/article/nancyboy/20/15177/
> ><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
>
> "not" your comment?  ;p

er, *note* my comment... geez, you forget an 'e' once in your life,
and everyone jumps down yer throat...

> <goose />

ooh...

how 'bout another pinch, slugger?

> > and when can i kill whomever made the pic?
>
> come and get me nancyboy

panty-waist...

[...]
> http://members.evolt.org/jeff/screen_caps/nn4_author_block.jpg
>
> the line-height for the .side class seems to be causing that.  taking
> it out causes even worse problems.  don't get me started on how badly
> nn4 breaks when i add padding to the style tag for the table
> containing the author block.  *grrrr*

not surprised... are we prepared for it to look... um... odd in NN4.x
now?

> > the image overlapping the text can be fixed for NN4.x
> > via a minor hack... align the image left (or right),
> > and then right after the image, add a <br clear="all">.
> > it's minor enough that it's worth considering...
>
> that seems to have worked without any adverse affects.

good... it's a hack, but at least it works...

> > btw, looking at that code, it's just development code,
> > right?
>
> what do you mean?  if you mean, can the html be improved before going
> live with it, sure.

good... not that it's bad... too bad...

> > btow (by the other way), i *really* like this layout...
>
> thanks.
>
> does that still mean you're going to try kill me?

yes.