[thesite] Back to the Drawing board for UEUE?

Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com
Fri Nov 16 15:09:36 CST 2001

| ???
|
| How is that construct... er... constructed? From the cookies
| sent by the
| client, right? If those cookies don't change, then each
| request will have
| the same cookie collection.
|
| or am I missing something?

In CF, the form data is available in the #Form# collection, the URL
querystring in the #URL# collection, and the cookies in the #Cookie#
collection. This is just a structure of strings keyed by cookie name. You
can do what ever you want to the data on the server, but the values won't be
sent back to the client. These collections are server-only. One has to do a
cfcookie to get data back to the client in the form of a cookie. To handle
.jeff's inquiry, no, I don't plan on erasing the cookie or the value. Here:

1) User enters m.e.o.
2) _Something_ reads the cookie.
3) The server does a server side redirect, so no more cookie headers are
sent by a request.
4) The member's site is now being viewed by the browser.

The only problem with this is, as .jeff reminded, javascript harvesting.

<rory disposition="hard work!" alt="8)"/>