[thesite] Back to the Drawing board for UEUE?

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Fri Nov 16 15:22:23 CST 2001

On Nov 16, Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com had something to say about RE:...

>.jeff's inquiry, no, I don't plan on erasing the cookie or the value. Here:
>
>1) User enters m.e.o.
>2) _Something_ reads the cookie.
>3) The server does a server side redirect, so no more cookie headers are
>sent by a request.

"CFLOCATION redirects the browser to a specified web resource"
http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:4csNXiadoyw:www.infoboard.com/packagedoc/cfdocs41/CFML_Language_Reference/2_ColdFusion_Tags/lr2_052.htm+cflocation&hl=en

sounds like a client-side redirect to me.

So, how is the browser not going to send the cookie headers on the second
request? As you say, there is no writing to the cookie itself before
redirection.

>4) The member's site is now being viewed by the browser.

Thanks,

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com