[thesite] [t.e.o.] [Bug] Article View - Non-Logged in Status

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Sat Nov 17 12:47:19 CST 2001

>From a non-logged in status .. viewing an article .. there's a problem with
the link to "register" in the Reader Comments section.

The link is pointing to:
<quote>
http://test.evolt.org/user/#vars#?action=signup#and_tokens#
</quote>

Takes the user to the find user's search page.

Should be, I think ... the same as the link under "Rating" on the same page,
which is:
<quote>
http://test.evolt.org/user/index.html?action=signup
</quote>

And, since I'm here .. let's take a look at the text for both sections:

Rating:
Would you like to rate this article? Article ratings encourage evolt
contributors to keep writing the good stuff. Help make our authors feel
wanted! You need to log in to rate an article -- you can enter your username
and password on the right -- and if you haven't yet done so, please register
your username before logging in.

Comments:
Want to join the conversation? You need to log in to post a comment! You can
enter your username and password on the right. If you aren't a member of
evolt.org yet, register and become a part of the discussion!

The Comments one is fine .. but the Rating is confusing .. let's fix that...

<suggested change to Rating text>
Would you like to rate this article? Article ratings encourage evolt
contributors to keep writing the good stuff. Help make our authors feel
wanted! You need to log in to rate an article. You can enter your username
and password on the right. If you aren't a member of evolt.org yet,
<link>register</link> and become a part of the community!
<end sctrt>

I'm not worried about the "!" marks ..

Random suggestions ... as I play with teo.

Michele