[thesite] [bug] t.e.o. - Other Articles Written by this Author

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Sun Nov 18 18:07:53 CST 2001

On Nov 19, isaac had something to say about RE: [thesite] [bug] t.e.o. -...

>> for what it's worth, i don't like the author's pic and article stats
>> available in the article, simply because it's not relevant to the
>
>Some of the stats may be irrelevant, but the author pic could not be *LESS*
>relevant. We want to be a community right? We can code ourselves shitless,
>but if we can't start putting faces to names (in person or over the net),
>we're doing our "community efforts" a massive disservice.

Yeah, that's community stuff, though.

He's talking about relevance, and as far as that goes, I'd have to
agree. I mean, I've never read an article, then looked that the authors
picture and said "well, this guy looks goofy so I'm going to assume he
doesn't know what he's talking about".

Or something like that.

We can put all the doo-dads* we want to on the article page, but we need
to be careful it isn't distracting from the content. I don't know whether
this does. Personally, I can't say I like it, but I just won't upload my
picture.

As for whether other people's articles are degraded by having a picure on
the article page... I dunno.

If it really bugs someone, I guess they can just visit evolt.org in lynx
from now on...

If *I* were doing it, I'd put it on the user page... because that's where
it makes the most sense. But, then again, I'm *not* doing it.

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com

* things