[thesite] Where to put author info (was: ...Other Articles Written...)

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Mon Nov 19 06:16:04 CST 2001

> Um, no. The phrase "I could care less" is merely incorrect usage.

tell that to all the people who use it ironically or sarcastically or
whatever you call it when you say something and mean the opposite
on purpose

> I strongly believe that author photos will go a great way to adding
> personality and character to an otherwise (largely) lifeless site

true, true, but on each article??  to follow your line of reasoning, they
would also accomplish this objective on the front page!!  and if you say
"no, not on the front page" then i gotcha!!!

there's an old joke about a guy who meets a girl and convinces her he's
just won the lottery and he hasn't been with a girl for months so would she
come back to his place for ten thousand bucks, but when they get there he
confesses that he lied and he's only got fifty bucks to give her and she
says "no way, what kind of girl do you think i am?" and he says "we've
already established that, now we're just haggling over the price"

think carefully about your argument that author photos add X or Y to the
look and feel of the site

if the argument applies, it should apply uniformly, and if it doesn't apply
to the front page then we're just haggling

>If you don't want your photo on your articles, don't put it there.

let's not carry the database analogy too far, but how do i accomplish the
above?

i don't want my photo on any of my articles, but i do want it on my author
page

is this now a separate switch on the author data?