[thesite] Where to put author info

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Mon Nov 19 17:48:38 CST 2001

isaac wrote on 20/11/01 12:08 am

>> (http://test.evolt.org/article/thesite/17/8869/#rating) is that
>> there is undue emphasis on the author, almost as if we were insecure and
>> attempting to bolster the legitimacy of the article by pimping how good
>the
>> author is, and in my opinion, we don't need to do that
>
>Oh, I forgot -- we're not trying to encourage people to write and promote
>themselves amongst the community...
>
>Adrian has 2/5 of the top5 articles on WEO. You don't think he writes those
>solely to help others do you? It'd be great if we all had 5 hours a day to
>write articles for nothing more than the thought that we're helping others,
>but I don't think that's entirely realistic.

For some it will[1], for some it won't. Which means that we have to be
able
to *support* that recognition, but not impose it.

Which means that if an author wants to use slots on the page we provide
to promote themselves and their employers, great. If that's what it takes
to get great articles without shelling out cash for them, fantastic.

Cheers
Martin

[1] for those of us writing in company time, how else do we get away
with it other than the recognition we bring to ourselves and our
employers..?

email: martin at easyweb.co.uk             PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
       martin at members.evolt.org      snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
  tel: +44 (0)774 063 9985                      Edinburgh,
  url: http://www.easyweb.co.uk                 Scotland