[thesite] food.evolt.org

Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com
Fri Nov 23 15:51:28 CST 2001

+| >>"Coconuts - How to
+| >>open, grate and extract milk", etc. These are tutorials by
+| themselves.
+| >
+| >Maybe. But, like I said, people have been including this in
+| the recipes.
+|
+| They sound a bit like tips - wee snippets that are useful in lots of
+| places.

Maybe, but they also sound like references. When I read a cookbook, I am
frequently referred to a technique which is presented in an alternate
location, like in the front or back of the book or section.

For instance: "Grate the dried frazzellas into a fine powder. (For how to
dry frazzellas without them biting you, see chapter 2, page 19.)"

Maybe it would be more efficient and hypertext like if techniques were
somehow indicated as such -- a meta-recipe, if you will. (if you won't:
awww, c'mon... isn't one of the best things about technology all the
word-play that we get to do? 8)

<rory disposition="it seems that black tea can be just as stimulating as
coffee" alt=">8)"/>