[thesite] voting for articles

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Thu Oct 4 05:49:46 CDT 2001

>I know you want to take this seriously, but it would be seriously refreshing
>to be able to leave a comment, vote etc, without the need to get a password
>and login - there's too much of that already.

Unfortunately, no login means no identification of who commented on that
article... which means no accountability. This is a community, and one of
the things you need in a community is accountability. If you don't have
that, you open yourself up to abuse and comments like "this article
sucks" with no reasoning, etc.

However, if you sign up with the evolt site, and then log in with the
"Remember Me" option, you won't have to login again from that computer...

Thanks for the feedback,

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com