[thesite] voting for articles

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Thu Oct 4 20:40:24 CDT 2001

>I'm not so concrete on disallowing anonymous ratings though. I think we
>potentially miss out on a lot of possible ratings. Many people who find a
>single article via a search engine, or link from another list/site are
>unlikely to have the inclination to sign-up just to rate an article. It'd be
>cool to be able to cater for these people easily, and allowing anonymous
>ratings might be the best way to accomplish this.

this idea isn't new...

how are you going to stop multiple ratings from the same person?
if a person changes their mind, say, after learning the language being
used in the article, how can they change their rating? just rate
again? should they rate a 5 instead of a 4 because they rated it
originally a 3 and the to balance it at a 4 they need to rate it a 5?

ick^3^2^2, my friend.

thanks,

--
mattwarden