[thesite] rudy, this may intersest you..

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Fri Oct 5 11:24:26 CDT 2001

rudy wrote:

>>select email from users group by email having count(*) > 1;
>>

> good one
>
> you'll be a data analyst yet
>
> (ever worked with olap?  doesn't oracle have an olap engine now?)

ya, its had the engine for a while.. in fact, you can tune oracle at install time to run better if OLAP is your

thing.. same with data warehousing

> as for cleaning up the db, no, it wasn't on my list
>
> should it be?  i mean, the kind of thing you allude to, resolving redundant
> users, is probably best undertaken during a project like the upcoming UEUE
> (universal evolt userid effort, pronounced "you wee you wee")...
>
> have you been thinking about it, dan?   ;o)

i've been thinking about it yes.. no it shouldn't be on your LOTTD :) i
noticed this whole thing because a friend of mine was signing up for
evolt and someone had the username she wanted, and that triggered my
efforts to find dead/duplicate accounts..

UEUE rules btw. :)

i'll think about it some more.. quicky question. how would i run that
query and get the persons last login date too?

select who,  lastlogin, createdate from users group by email having
count(*) > 1

is giving me a "Not a group by" expression.. sorry about the dumb
questions, I'm only on page 75 of my "Learn to be Rudy in 21 days" book :)

.djc.