[thesite] rudy, this may intersest you..

Joshua Olson joshua at alphashop.com
Fri Oct 5 11:58:59 CDT 2001

Rudy, please correct me if I'm wrong.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Dexter" <sgd at ti3.com>
Subject: RE: [thesite] rudy, this may intersest you..

: something like:
:  select email, who,  lastlogin, createdate from users group by email,
: who, lastlogin, createdate having count(email) > 1

I do not think this will work either because the GROUP BY forces all rows
that have the same email to be reduced down into one row.  Of course, I am
assuming that Dan is interested in the information for each person that has
an email that matches someone else's so he can make some sort of decision
about the data.

If I am blowing smoke, please correct me... I love to learn.  I am not
really very good at this GROUPing stuff.  I remember something about having
to use an aggregate function on all fields returned not included in the
GROUP BY or else you either 1) throw an error, or 2) get a lot of stuff you
don't expect (such as 100000000000 rows returned)

-joshua