Tip Harvester .. was .. Re: [thesite] CodeFest: Proposed Task List

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Fri Oct 5 13:54:16 CDT 2001

Thanks Dean ..

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dean Mah" <dmah at shaw.ca>

| Things that need to be done:
|
| 1) Search function.

IMHO, too big of a task to be handled at CodeFest.  However, I'll put it on
the list and it can roll over to a.e.o. and get picked back up when you
return from holidays.

| 2) Production grade tip editor and list message editor.

That's a good idea.  Between Matt and I, I think we have a pretty good idea
of what's required here.  Are the forms processed by ColdFusion or Perl?  If
not CF, is there a compelling reason to change them to CF?  I'll add this to
the list, and we'll see what gets done.  Even if the forms only get cleaned
up HTML and CSS wise, that's a start in the right direction.

| 3) Fixing the 'Next' and 'Prev' links when the tips are sorted.

I vaguely remember this conversation.  Was a solution fleshed out?  Or are
we still stuck at the "how do we do this" phase?

| > I was thinking as fill in time, Matt and I could direct others on
| > categorizing the tips.
|
| Yah, if there isn't anything else to do.  It's a very low priority.

For sure.  It's a good fill in task though, when people are waiting for
something else to do.

| wouldn't give out the password for the site though.  All my top secret
| stuff is in there.  Shh!

hehe, true enough.  Not to worry, Matt or I can log someone in and they can
go to work.  Dan will need to look after privs and all that security stuff
on a grander scale anyway.

Also, remember that the scripts are not
| meant to be robust.  They're a hack so I could edit the tips in the
| database.  (See 2 above.)

Yeah .. I remember.  :)

Thanks again.  Have a great trip, btw.

Michele