[thesite] CodeFest: Proposed Task List

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Mon Oct 8 19:36:13 CDT 2001

> Ok, this is the first I've heard of this... and to be honest, I disagree

I emailed recently to say that the new articles that were lined up had
fallen through.

> with you on this one.  Why delay it, we already have a bunch of
> articles for
> it.  There have been a few very good articles of late, that
> really belong in
> this new catetgory.  This is your idea Isaac, it's already received
> consensus from thesite and Admin.  If you want to pull the proposed new
> category off the table, I really think you should get consensus again.  I
> don't think it's fair for you to unilaterally decide that now you
> don't want
> it.  So, if it needs to be brought up again, let's do it.

OK, go with the articles you'd like to put in. I'd just assumed that we were
waiting on a list of old articles *and* specific new ones that I'd proposed.
I remember that you were hesitant to get the new cat running without those
fresh articles, but if we have other new ones, that's cool. I have no
problem with that.

> long fields (or whatever its called in oracle).   Plus, don't forget that
> each attribute (not yet defined) isn't a required field.  The user gets to
> pick which attributes they would like to appear on their members' page.

Yes, most of them are optional. That's been the plan from the very
beginning. See other thread I've started for more info on working this out.

isaac