[thesite] CodeFest: Proposed Task List

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Mon Oct 8 20:17:22 CDT 2001

> of each category page.  But, if you had text prepared, that would save me
> doing that one.

Sorry, I do not have any introductory text for you to build on.

> These are not articles *I* want put in .. specifically.  I'm just
> trying to
> help move this "idea" of yours along and get it live.  I'm not
> going through and picking the articles to be moved.

As you've said, Martin has provided a list.

> Yeah, optional is a good thing.  I just don't know what the limitations DB
> limits are set at.  And, I'm not sure we'd want to have long fields as
> attributes.  However, Rudy can comment on this and provide more
> insight and possible working methodology for this.

Well, we are able to create new fields in the DB, so existing limitations
are largely irrelevant.

I'll leave Rudy or Dan to add their thoughts about the flexibility of
textareas for some content, vs impact on the database of larger fields, etc.

> I saw your other message, my understanding is that only the top
> part of that info would actually work/fit into the existing structure.

Yeh, but like I said, we've been planning changes to that existing structure
for a very long time, so let's revive that discussion. Rudy, where are you?

isaac