[thesite] rudy, this may intersest you..

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Tue Oct 9 13:50:25 CDT 2001

Daniel J. Cody wrote on 8/10/01 8:52 pm

>merrily?

Sorry, loose terminology. My mistake.

>i'm not saying that we just walk in and zap a shitload of accounts. in
>fact, i was happy we had so much talk over what the best way to query
>for them was.

Just as I'd expect.

>if an account has the same email address, i'd call that a genuine
>reduadant duplicate(?). we'll know which ones they are because the query
>will tell us. if a person hasn't logged back in to evolt within  a year,
>i think its safe to say that they won't have a reaction because they'd
>probably forgot about us/their accounts/ in the first place, no?

Sounds reasonable. I'd like to do a quick notification email in
advance tho', giving people a day or 2 to complain. As long
as it's got a fair explanation ("tidying up, noticed you had 2,
think this one's redundant - that's OK, right?"), I don't
expect more than one or 2 muted reactions.

Cheers
Martin

email: martin at easyweb.co.uk             PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
       martin at members.evolt.org      snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
  tel: +44 (0)774 063 9985                      Edinburgh,
  url: http://www.easyweb.co.uk                 Scotland