[thesite] Re: [Admin] evolt.org CodeFest 2001 - (non) participant bios (fwd)

mantruc javier at msm.cl
Tue Oct 9 15:44:20 CDT 2001

hi i'm javier
and i come from the "third world"
[ which happens to feel quite cozy in these tense times :( ]

i'm a Comunicologist minoring in Graphics Design
and i like to study everything about the web,
specially how it affects people's lives
and society in general
http://evolt.org/article/The_User_s_META_Experience/25/14494/index.html

i did some web development and i'm curently a full
time AI in a market that still doesn't "get" the
value of pre-production design (or the user´s experience in general)
so i'm some kind of Quixote fighting windmills

i walked my first baby steps in web dev by the hand
of the people who founded evolt, so i was part of this
from the beginning

my main role on evolt is idea-tossing (brainstorming)
and mail answering, though i've written some articles too
http://evolt.org/user/mantruc/138/index.html

i've been very distant from [thelist]
and [thesite] this last year so i wouldn't be surpised if
you asked yourself "where did this guy come from?"
or you could call me a "honorary member" and i wouldn't mind,
however i love being part of this

i hate not being able to go to codefest and get my hands dirty
into our site... i'm just thousands of miles away

i've been married for a year (very happily indeed)
and my non work activities are photography, mountainbike,
birdwatching, cacti gardening and i love to go trekking in
my beautiful country - there's also a tourist guide within me
waiting for evolters to visit Chile :)

--
Javier Velasco M.      -               nurun Chile
Information Architect  -       http://www.nurun.cl