[thesite] thecode FAQ - everyone read

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Tue Oct 9 19:42:53 CDT 2001

isaac wrote:

>  - What server has the code been built to run on?

if you mean webserver, its built on Cold Fusion 4.5.1SP2, Apache 1.2.0
with Linux sitting underneath it all.

>  - What database has the code been built to run with?

Currently, the database we're using is Oracle 8.1.6 running on Linux.

>  - I'm interested in running the code with SQL Server; have any efforts been
> made to do this?

At the time of this writing, there have been no efforts to port the SQL
code to different database platforms. We are interested in this
possibiltiy and gladly welcome anyone willing to help move the code to
more platforms.

> (Everyone: has anyone tried this? Even if nothing has happened we can
> encourage it and offer tips to anyone who tries. For example, most of the
> issues will lie directly in the SQL, right?)

most, although we do have a number of places we use Oracle spefic shit
in CF(sysdate, our sequences, coulple others.)

>  - Which CMS-like features does thecode support?
>
> (Anyone? Martin?)

sexiness. multi user content approval and management with ACL's(access
control lists). Super Sexy URL Scheme for Indexing Robots pleasure.

is that good? :)