[thesite] [Fwd: RE: Your email to evolt.org 16385 (fwd)]

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Tue Oct 9 22:04:26 CDT 2001

> rudy/others, heres what Young sent me, give it a once through,
> i'm going to run it on our mssql box at work tomorrow..

it has all the earmarks of having been produced by some automated tool, so
i would be surprised if it did *not* work

there are no identity fields -- not surprising, since in oracle the autonum
fields aren't marked as such in each table layout

but otherwise the conversion looks fine, getdate() instead of sysdate, etc.

say dan, how did you generate the actual oracle script in the first place?

how did you identify which FKs were actually declared?   e.g.
schemelement...

i want to be able to do that on a table-by-table basis in sql-plus some day

by the way, there are a whole bunch of PK/FK relationships that exist only
in our heads, i.e. they were never explicitly declared

anyhow, thanks for posting the new source code, i went and got the oracle
ddl from it, so you saved me a bunch of cuttin & pastin from puTTy    ;o)

rudy